Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School!!!

Today is Sydney's first day of school! She starts Kindergarten at Tri-C Elementary School in Carterville, Illinois! It is such an exciting day, but as happens anytime there is something like this, her mother bursts into tears. I'm so excited for her and for what's to come, but I'm scared to have a kid that old and for getting older, I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm scared, but excited to learn! She was very excited and very nervous, but I know she will have a great time.

Today, the parents got to go in with the students. When the students get to school, they all meet in the auditorium, line up, and when the bell rings, the teachers walk all of them to their classrooms. After doing that, we watched her draw a picture and then sit on the floor with the rest of the class. That's when the parents had to leave. She was upset to have us leave, partly because she was feeding off of me, I'm sure. But I'm positive that if I snuck back to check on her (not that I've thought about doing that....all the time), she'd be playing and smiling and having a grand ol' time!

Here are a few pictures of breakfast, on the way to school, and at the school. I will take more when I pick her up! :)






Picking her up at 2:30pm today, will have more pictures then! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed at Sydney's picture in front of the door with her backpack on. All of my children have 13 pictures just like that one! It is the start of a tradition I think. Hope she had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brought back memories of my daughter's first day of school. It just seems so cruel to put them out in this big scarey world and yet we did ok.

    ReplyDelete

Followers