Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Roof, the roof, the roof is ...... leaking?

So I'm working at my computer yesterday and a storm hits. Storms here are so different than in Utah. They aren't gradual, they start and stop. And it's buckets and buckets of water, I've never seen so much water falling from the sky. As I'm commenting on it by e-mail to my family, I start to hear water dripping and running, and it's not outside. It starts coming out of my ceiling! The thunder claps wake up my boy and Sydney comes running telling me that water is coming out of the light fixture! I gather all the garbage cans I can and start placing them strategically to catch all the water. I tried to take pictures, but you couldn't see the water so I didn't post them. I can't believe how much water it was! It wasn't dripping, it was streaming! Crazy! So, I guess we'll be getting that fixed today or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. When it rains, it pours! (sorry, I couldn't help it. Am very sorry that is happening. can you go back to the seller or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, it was a fluke thing that happened because of one shingle that blew off the week before and it just happened to be over a spot where a seam didn't meet properly. It should be repaired tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Followers